About the role
Reporting directly to a manager and the insolvency practitioners, the individual is part of a team responsible for administering a case load of mainly Liquidations. The individual will have responsibility of managing a case load with the assistance of a case manager
Working closely with a Manager/Senior, , your main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- You will manage a caseload of mainly Liquidations from inception through to closure with assistance from your manager/senior. You will also work on other corporate and personal insolvency cases on an ad hoc basis once proficient to do so after training
- Preparing all pre-appointment documentation including decision procedure notices, SIP6 reports and Statement of Affairs.
- Liaising with Directors throughout the process to obtain the necessary information
- Dealing with creditor correspondence and claims including trade creditors, HMRC and banks
- Monitoring case diaries and completing statutory work in a timely manner.
- Reviewing books and records
- Handling employee redundancies and claims
- Performing asset realisations
- Dealing with agents and solicitors instructed where necessary
- Perform all work through a well established paperless system
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of Liquidations
- Good knowledge of insolvency processes
- Previous experience using IPS (preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft word and excel
Skills and Abilities
- Carries out individual responsibilities within a team
- Shares information and ideas across the team and contributes towards team development and performance to achieve goals;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, to maintain a high working standards and to achieve results and meet deadlines;
- Maintains effective performance under pressure but knows when to ask for assistance from appropriate individuals;
- Able to communicate information and ideas (written or orally) in a clear, concise manner;
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to improve current processes and contributes ideas to continuously improve the quality of service provided by the function;
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times and respects the rights and feelings of others;
- Pays care and attention to the quality of work output.
- Continues to learn and develop the competencies required for current and future roles;
- Understands the goals and strategies of the company and aligns own work accordingly. Understands how the job responsibilities relate to the larger work of the company;
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
KJG has a social committee who organise quarterly social events including a wide variety of activities.
- 23 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Company events
- Death in service
- Flexible and remote working
- Dress to diary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
KJG is a 8-partner firm offering a full range of accounting services including audit, accounts preparation, tax planning, corporate recovery, corporate finance and forensic accounting. The firm deals with a wide range of predominantly owner-managed businesses ranging from new start-ups to companies with turnover in excess of £100m.
KJG is a part of the Xeinadin Group which has over 100 offices throughout the UK and Ireland giving us the ability to work collaboratively throughout the country.
Although we have specialists offering a range of services, we pride ourselves in working as a single team, offering our clients the support and advice they need, in difficult circumstances.