About the role
Reporting directly to a manager and the insolvency practitioners, the individual is part of a team responsible for administering all types of corporate insolvency cases from pre-appointment through until closure together with a small number of personal insolvency cases. The individual should be able to take responsibility for their own case load ensuring that all internal and external deadlines are met.
Reporting directly to a Manager, and working closely with the IPs, your main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- You will manage a caseload of mainly Liquidations independently from inception through to closure. You will also be expected to work on other corporate and personal insolvency cases on an ad hoc basis
- Preparing all pre-appointment documentation including decision procedure notices, SIP6 reports and Statement of Affairs.
- Liaising with and meeting Directors, shareholders and key stakeholders throughout the process to obtain the necessary information
- Dealing with creditor correspondence and claims including trade creditors, HMRC and banks
- Monitoring case diaries and completing statutory work in a timely manner.
- Carrying out investigations
- Handling employee redundancies and claims
- Performing asset realisations
- Identifying potential assets and issues to be brought to the Office Holder’s attention
- Liaising with agents and solicitors instructed on behalf of the Office Holder in respect of a range of matters
- Perform all work through a well established paperless system
Knowledge and Experience
- At least four years’ experience in a similar role
- CPI / part ACA or ACCA qualified desirable
- Good knowledge of insolvency processes
- Previous experience of different types of insolvency procedures
- Previous experience using IPS preferred
- Experience of interpreting accounting information
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft word and excel
Skills and Abilities
- Are able to take responsibility for their case load
- Shares information and ideas across the team and contributes towards team development and performance to achieve goals;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, to maintain a high working standards and to achieve results and meet deadlines;
- Maintains effective performance under pressure but knows when to ask for assistance from appropriate individuals;
- Able to communicate information and ideas (written or orally) in a clear, concise manner;
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to improve current processes and contributes ideas to continuously improve the quality of service provided by the function;
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times and respects the rights and feelings of others;
- Pays care and attention to the quality of work output.
- Continues to learn and develop the competencies required for current and future roles;
- Understands the goals and strategies of the company and aligns own work accordingly. Understands how the job responsibilities relate to the larger work of the company;
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
KJG has a social committee who organise quarterly social events including a wide variety of activities.
- 23 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Company events
- Death in service
- Flexible and remote working
- Dress to diary
KJG is a 8-partner firm offering a full range of accounting services including audit, accounts preparation, tax planning, corporate recovery, corporate finance and forensic accounting. The firm deals with a wide range of predominantly owner-managed businesses ranging from new start-ups to companies with turnover in excess of £100m.
KJG is a part of the Xeinadin Group which has over 100 offices throughout the UK and Ireland giving us the ability to work collaboratively throughout the country.
Although we have specialists offering a range of services, we pride ourselves in working as a single team, offering our clients the support and advice they need, in difficult circumstances.