The government has extended the start date for eligibility for furlough to 19th March from the original date of the 28th February, meaning 200,000 more people can benefit.
Following a review of the system and to ensure the scheme helps as many people as possible, new guidance published today has confirmed the eligibility date has been extended to 19th March 2020 – the day before the scheme was announced.
The online system is expected to be available from next Monday, 20th April. To claim you’ll need:
- Your employer PAYE reference number
- The number of employees being furloughed
- National Insurance Numbers for the furloughed employees
- Names of the furloughed employees
- Payroll/employee number for the furloughed employees (optional)
- Your Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference or Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference or Company Registration Number
- The claim period (start and end date)
- Amount claimed (per the minimum length of furloughing of 3 consecutive weeks)
- Your bank account number and sort code
- Your contact name
- Your phone number
More information can be found HERE