The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme system will officially go live next Monday the 20th April.
If you are eligible for the scheme there are a few things you can do to be ready for when the system goes live. You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The sort code and account number for HMRC to pay the claim in to
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR, or CRN (Company Registration Number)
- Name, employee number and NI number for each of your furloughed employees
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period
If you use an agent to process your payroll they’ll be able to make a claim on your behalf, but you’ll need to speak to them so they know who has been furloughed, for how long, and if you’re topping up the 80%.
Please bear in mind that payroll departments are going to be massively stretched during this period so try to provide them with as much information as possible.
Remember this system and scheme is new to them too.
If you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), they will not be able to make a claim for you and you’ll need the information listed above to make the claim yourself.
For more details please visit the gov.uk website HERE. There is also a handy video on HMRC’s YouTube channel below: