Kay Johnson Gee is a 6 partner firm offering a full range of accounting services including audit, accounts preparation, tax planning, corporate recovery, corporate finance and forensic accounting. The firm deals with a wide range of predominantly owner-managed businesses ranging from new start-ups to companies with turnover in excess of £100m.
Although we have specialists offering a range of accountancy, taxation and advisory services, we pride ourselves as working as a single team. Our clients therefore receive the support they need, always under the supervision of a dedicated partner.
As a Senior in the Audit and Accounts department, your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Producing statutory accounts for limited companies
- Completing corporation tax returns
- Producing partnership and sole trader accounts and tax returns
- Ensuring completion of assignments within appropriate budget and time frame
- Reporting to manager and/or partner
We provide management accounts services to a number of clients including :
- Management accounts and monthly reporting
- Forecasting and budgets
- VAT returns
Maintaining and developing strong client relationships is fundamental to our business. We encourage staff at all levels to actively :
- Represent the firm at networking events, and identifying opportunities to grow our business.
- Assist in maintaining and developing new and existing client relationships;
- Participate in internal team projects to assist the practice in its ongoing growth and development
To be considered for the Senior Audit position you must have previous demonstrable and practical experience in a similar Senior role. The successful candidate does not need to be chartered however, you must possess the following key skills and experience:
- 2 years post qualification experience, or QBE,
- Good all round knowledge to include audits, accounts production and management accounts
- Knowledge of solicitors’ accounts rules would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills and a professional manner and outlook.
The role is roughly 50-50 between accounts and audits and a similar proportion working out of the office.
On average our employees stay with us for over 10 years. The role has come about due to an employee retiring.
KJG has a social committee who organise quarterly social events including a wide variety of activities.
Recently moved into new offices due to expansion. Great central location in Manchester, 5 minutes’ walk away from Deansgate
- 23 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Company events
- Death in service
- Flexible working
- Dress to diary
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.